Science Czar: “Czar” is Descriptive
July 10, 2009
The President of the United States appointed John Holdren as “Science Czar” last December. I recently came across this scary bit of information, and even though it’s old news, I thought I’d post it just in case anyone missed it. Normally I am rather skeptical when one person characterizes another person’s beliefs, but it’s a wholly different thing when you can accurately quote a person and plainly make your case.
It seems Mr. Holdren wrote a book in 1977 in which he argued that:
• Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not;
• The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation’s drinking water or in food;
• Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;
• People who “contribute to social deterioration” (i.e. undesirables) “can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility” — in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.
• A transnational “Planetary Regime” should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans’ lives — using an armed international police force.
Mr. Holdren is not “pro choice.” His ideological commitment to abortion has nothing to do with the ordinary twisted commitment to a misconception of liberty. Rather, he represents everything that the word “czar” connotes: population control, genocide, totalitarianism. This is one of the people that President Obama appointed to “restore science to its rightful place” as he promised on inauguration day.